Welcome to the Center for Health Market Innovations!
About the Center for Health Market Innovations (CHMI)
CHMI promotes programs, policies and practices that make quality health care delivered by private organizations affordable and accessible to the world’s poor. Managed by Results for Development, CHMI works through Regional Partners around the world and receives support from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Rockefeller Foundation, and UKaid. Building on the success of CHMI, Results for Development (R4D) launched the Center for Education Innovations in 2013 to increase access to quality, affordable, and equitable education. Following this success, R4D launched the Social Accountability Atlas in 2015 to drive an increase in the quantity and effectiveness of civil society-led efforts to monitor and improve public spending and service delivery across sectors.
Details on more than 1,400 innovative health enterprises, nonprofits, public‐private partnerships, and policies can be found in CHMI's programs database.
What we do
We work to create impact—expanded access to quality, affordable healthcare for the poor—through a three-pronged approach:
- Identify: We provide comprehensive, up‐to‐date information about innovative programs and policies.
- Analyze: We identify promising practices that can be scaled‐up or adapted in other countries.
- Connect: We connect people implementing, funding, and studying innovative programs to translate good practices and encourage innovative programs to scale.
About this website
CHMI’s digital platform provides a way for people like you to learn about and connect with programs striving to improve the health of the world’s poor.
- Discover Programs—View information about more than 1,400 health programs in CHMI's data set. Browse by country, health focus, results, and popularity, or explore CHMI Topics to see visualizations of hundreds of programs via graphs, maps, and downloadable briefings.
- Contribute Knowledge—Donors and investors rely on CHMI’s database of programs to identify candidates for funding. Do you know about an innovative program? Promote it by adding a new program profile. If the program has already been profiled by CHMI, click "Edit" to contribute an update. We also welcome guest posts on the CHMI Blog.
- Connect—Members of CHMI can send messages to people running innovative health programs around the world. Simply register, then click "Contact" on any program profile.
Watch a video orientation