Calling all Nonprofits:
Apply to GlobalGiving’s spring Open Challenge!
All CHMI-profiled non-profit programs are invited to enter GlobalGiving’s online fundraising Open Challenge. Since GlobalGiving’s inception, more than 4,000 organizations have raised nearly $58 million USD using the platform and you can apply to join now using your affiliation with the Center for Health Market Innovations (CHMI).
CHMI is partnering with GlobalGiving to support your fundraising efforts! GlobalGiving is an innovative online fundraising platform for nonprofits of all sizes all around the world.
How do I start fundraising on GlobalGiving? Follow these steps!
- Update your CHMI program profile by filling out this form with any updates. Please reference your CHMI profile by searching for your program name here to see what information is already in the database, and take a look at this example of a completed CHMI program profile. We are exploring different options to link the CHMI and GlobalGiving profiles for your program so you are best able to take advantage of your presence on these sites, so please do keep your CHMI profile updated!
- Nominate your organization to join GlobalGiving by filling out this form before March 1. On the nomination form, you should answer "CHMI" to the question "How did they hear about GlobalGiving?" GlobalGiving staff will go to your CHMI program profile to learn more about your program.
- GlobalGiving will conduct a due diligence process to ensure that your program is a good fit for their platform. Programs that pass this process will earn chance to compete in the Open Challenge on the GlobalGiving website this April. Programs that raise at least $4,000 USD from 50 unique donors during this challenge will earn a permanent spot on GlobalGiving’s fundraising platform. Read more here.
- We at CHMI want to help! Tell us about your Open Challenge entry by emailing me at email@example.com. We will promote GlobalGiving pages for all CHMI-profiled programs on our blog during the Open Challenge.
More information about joining the Open Challenge can be found here. In addition to serving as a powerful fundraising tool, other benefits of being a part of GlobalGiving include corporate sponsorship opportunities and media promotion.
Important Open Challenge dates to keep in mind:
- ASAP: Fill out your Global Giving nomination form! Be sure your CHMI profile is up-to-date!
- March 1, 2012: Application forms due
- March 19, 2012: Project Leaders are notified about approval of their due diligence
- March 28, 2012: Project submission deadline
- April 1 - April 30, 2012: Open Challenge takes place
- May 1, 2012: Challenge results announced
- End of May 2012: GlobalGiving to disburse funds
If you have questions about GlobalGiving’s Open Challenge, please email Manmeet Mehta (firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional information