The Season of Giving is coming up, making it the best time of the year for CHMI to invite all CHMI-profiled non-profit programs to enter [GlobalGiving’s](http://www.globalgiving.org/) online fundraising [Open Challenge](http://www.globalgiving.org/open-challenge-nomination/)!
GlobalGiving is an innovative online fundraising platform for nonprofits of all sizes all around the world and [CHMI is partnering with GlobalGiving](http://www.globalgiving.org/aboutus/partners.html#21b) to **support your fundraising efforts!**
Since 2002, more than 6,000 organizations have raised **more than $70 million USD** using the GlobalGiving platform. Last Spring, CHMI referred [Global Health Bridge]( http://www.globalhealthbridge.org/) (creator of [Maternal Health Reporter]( http://healthmarketinnovations.org/program/maternal-health-reporter))—a program that equips Community Health Workers with mobile technology tools to improve quality and efficiency— and they have since **raised thousands of dollars from more than 280 donors.** You can apply now too using your affiliation with the Center for Health Market Innovations (CHMI), to have a chance at receiving similar funding.
**How do I start fundraising on GlobalGiving?** Follow these steps!
1. **Update your CHMI program profile** by clicking the “Request a change” link at the top of your program profile, and explaining any changes you would like for us to make to your profile. Please reference your CHMI profile by [searching for your program name here](http://healthmarketinnovations.org/programs) to see what information is already in the database, and take a look at [this example of a completed CHMI program profile]( http://healthmarketinnovations.org/program/operation-asha). **We are exploring different options to link the CHMI and GlobalGiving profiles for your program so you are best able to take advantage of your presence on these sites, so please do keep your CHMI profile updated!**
2. **Nominate your organization to join GlobalGiving** by [filling out this form](http://www.globalgiving.org/dy/v2/pe/nomination/create.html) **before November 1st**. On the nomination form, you should answer "CHMI" to the question "How did you hear about GlobalGiving?" GlobalGiving staff will go to your CHMI program profile to learn more about your program.
3. **GlobalGiving will conduct a due diligence process** to ensure that your program is a good fit for their platform. Programs that pass this process will earn a chance to compete in the Open Challenge on the GlobalGiving website this November.
4. **Fundraise!** Mobilize supporters from your network and raise at least **$5,000 USD from 40 unique donors** to earn a permanent spot on GlobalGiving’s fundraising platform!
More information about joining the Open Challenge can be found [here](http://www.globalgiving.org/open-challenge-nomination/). In addition to serving as a powerful fundraising tool, other benefits of being a part of GlobalGiving include [corporate sponsorship opportunities and media promotion](http://www.globalgiving.org/non-profits/features-and-benefits/).
**Important Open Challenge dates to keep in mind:**
* **ASAP:** Fill out your [Global Giving nomination form]( http://www.globalgiving.org/dy/v2/pe/nomination/create.html)! _Be sure your CHMI profile is up-to-date!_
* **November 1, 2012:** Application forms are due
* **November 15, 2012:** Project Leaders are notified about approval of their due diligence
* **November 21, 2012:** Project submission deadline
* **November 26 - December 31, 2012:** Open Challenge takes place
* **January 2, 2013:** Challenge results announced
* **End of January 2013:** GlobalGiving to disburse funds
If you have questions about GlobalGiving’s Open Challenge, please email Manmeet Mehta (firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional information.