The Innovating for Maternal and Child Health in Africa program seeks to improve maternal, newborn, and child health in Sub-Saharan Africa by strengthening the knowledge-brokering mechanisms and processes currently in place for researchers, policymakers, practitioners, and other stakeholders in the global health sector. Funded by Canada’s Global Health Research Initiative – a collaboration of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada, the Canadian Institutes of Health Research, and the Canadian International Development Research Centre (IDRC) - its latest call for proposals seeks to find health policy and research organizations that are working towards the more effective movement of research and analysis to policy and practice.
The competition will select two finalists, awarding a grant of a maximum CA$2.5 million over the course of 68 months. One project will be selected from West Africa and one from East Africa to be linked with Implementation Research Teams working in their respective regions.
Who is Eligible?
The call for proposals is open to health policy and research organizations that satisfy the following thematic, geographic, and organizational requirements:
- High impact community-based maternal, newborn and child health interventions
- Quality facility-based maternal, newborn and child health interventions
- Policy environment to improve maternal, newborn and child health care services and outcomes
- Human resources for maternal, newborn and child health
- Sub-Saharan Africa, specifically Ethiopia, Ghana, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria, Senegal, South Sudan, and Tanzania
- Must be a non-partisan, non-profit organization
- Must be an African organization
- Must support health policy development and implementation through knowledge-brokering, analysis, and research
- Must work in at least one of the targeted countries and demonstrate willingness to expand their work in all the other targeted countries
Deadlines and Procedures
- Application Deadline | June 11, 2014
- Successful Applicants Notified | July 31, 2014
- Inception Workshop | February 23-25, 2015
- More information is available via the following links: Call for Proposals, FAQs, Budget Excel Template for Applicants, Online Application Form
- If you have additional questions, please contact email@example.com
We wish you the best of luck in the application process!