All statements were self-reported to CHMI through a survey mechanism. Click Here to learn more about this initiative and see a full list of results categories and definitions.
* SkyHealth Centres insert an IUD for $2.40, compared to the $10 – $18 it cost to get the services at an urban clinic.
* The average cost of a telemedicine consultation is $2, compared to $8 for a visit to an urban doctor (not including travel costs).
* The average cost of Skymeds is 20-25% lower compared to similar medicines in the market.
* The cost of treatment for WHP TB patients is Rs. 1,250 (Category I) and Rs. 2,360 (Category II). The typical private sector prices for similar services range between Rs. 4,600 and Rs. 5,000 for Cat I and Rs. 7,000 to Rs 10,000 for Cat II.
* 80% of clients served are from the poorest two quintiles, with 50% of total clients coming from the poorest quintile.
* On average, the nearest qualified private provider in rural UP is 10km away, while rural villagers only have to travel on a average, 4.4km to consult with a high quality doctor at one of WHP’s telemedicine centers. While public sector clinics are only 5.6km away, doctors are often not present.
* Rural franchise providers see a 20% increase in overall caseload after association with WHP’s franchise network (data from UP).
* Services performed-Bihar (Jan-June 2012):
Service | Number
----------- | ----------------------
Suspected Tuberculosis patients referred to RNTCP accredited facility for testing | 4,704
Suspected Tuberculosis patients tested SPUTUM positive in the RNTCP accredited facility | 1,010
Positive TB patients who started DOTS treatment in the RNTCP accredited facility | 85
VL positive | 253
VL positive patients who started treatment in the government facility | 97
VL positive patients completed treatment in the government facility | 77
Childhood Pneumonia cases seen | 44,859
Childhood Diarrhea cases seen | 53,360
* Products sold between Jan-June 2012 (MIDR):
Product | Number Sold
------------- | -------------------
Dispersible Amoxicillin capsules for Pneumonia treatment | 334,611
ORS packets for Diarrhea treatment | 146,316
Zinc tablets for Diarrhea treatment | 338,214
* Compared with a similar social marketing and franchising program in India, WHP was able to provide 3.5 times the sterilisations and 9.3 times the IUDs over a similar time period, all with minimal communications for demand generation.
* Couple Years Protection (CYP) per year:
Year | Total CYP (UP)
------------ | --------------
2009 | 164,170
2010 | 175,916
2011 | 108,740 (program coverage decreased)
* The average cost/CYP from 2009-2011 has been $3.54.
Contact Us to add or edit your results.