All statements were self-reported to CHMI through a survey mechanism. Click Here to learn more about this initiative and see a full list of results categories and definitions.
* The cost of cataract surgery is $33 for a middle class patient compared to around $50-60 in bigger cities.
* The Trust has increased its % of intra-ocular lens (IOL) implantations from 30% in 2002-03 to 100% since 2005-06 for all cataract surgeries.
* Implementation of outreach camps and vision centres increased the service utilization significantly: 15484 surgeries have been done for poor and underprivileged people referred from outreach services; 11431 surgeries have been referred from Vision Centres for surgical correction and sight improvement/restoration, 580,360 people have been screened and examined for eye problems, and 95,243 eye surgeries have been performed for sight restoration or improvement.
* 95,243 surgeries were performed in 2010-11 compared to around 23,000 surgeries in 2002-03.
* 91% of patients come to the hospital with poor visual acuity (VA<6/60) of which 88% report improved visual acuity after surgery.
* An average of 250-300 surgeries is performed per day in the hospital, which is much higher than the nearest government set-up where no more than 3-5 surgeries are performed daily.
* An optometrist performs about 40-50 refractions per day, which is much higher than the public sector average - approximately 15-20 refractions daily.
Contact Us to add or edit your results.