All statements were self-reported to CHMI through a survey mechanism. Click Here to learn more about this initiative and see a full list of results categories and definitions.
* The average cost of IUCD service delivery cost in the private sector clinics is NPR 500 (USD $7). In comparison the average cost charged by providers in the Mahila Swastha Sewa Providers Network is NPR 200 (USD $2.81).
* Increased availability of MA drugs from 36 Safe Abortion Services (SAS) centers and 0 pharmacies in 2009, to 380 Safe abortion Services centers and 205 pharmacies in 2011. IUD services available through 300 additional network providers.
* Quality Assurance visits are conducted to monitor the on- going quality of service delivery of IUCD by using the Lot Quality Assurance Sampling (LQAS) method. Quality Monitoring checklists are used to evaluate provider’s knowledge and performance skill. Quality inspection of instruments and supplies with the assessment of the clinic environment for service provision is also done. After the quality assurance visits, the factors impairing the quality of service delivery are identified and an action plan developed and implemented to address the issues and recommendations. During Phase 1(2009 & 2010) of the program, there were total of 250 Quality Assurance visits, out of which 201 met the quality standards and the overall quality achieved was 80%. Whereas in Phase II (Jan-May 2011), total of 78 Quality Assurance visits were conducted, out which 67 met the quality standards and the overall quality achieved was 86%.
* Client satisfaction survey through exit interviews was conducted to assess the clients' perception of quality of services provided by the Mahila Swastha Sewa network providers. Overall, an average of 80% clients reported satisfied with the services provided that ranged from counseling, privacy, respect to cleanliness. PSI/N is planning to conduct a baseline and end line quantitative study in 2011 & 12 to measure changes in perception, awareness and beliefs about IUDs and MA amongst Women of Reproductive Age (WRA) over time.
* In 2010 alone the program inserted 31,203 IUDs and 1443 implants.
* In the FP method mix, the share of IUD was 3.14% in 2008/9, and has increased to 5.36% in 2009/10.
* In 2010, the IUD insertions translates to 249,624 CYPs; the implants translates into 7215 CYPs.
Contact Us to add or edit your results.