All statements were self-reported to CHMI through a survey mechanism. Click Here to learn more about this initiative and see a full list of results categories and definitions.
* A reduction in the cost of care has encouraged families to consult the doctor more often. The monthly subscription costs 500 FCFA ($0.94) per child. It includes regular home visits by the Weighing Agents (in French Agents de Pesée or ADP), remote monitoring of the health of the children by the doctors, full compensation of all medical consultations and a 50% reduction on prescribed medications included in a list predetermined by the doctors. 70% of the medication prescribed by the doctors to treat the children is eligible for the discount.
* 97% of 96 families surveyed in 2009 find it “very affordable” and 80% of 91 families say they subscribed to the service because of the cheap price.
* The service manages to reach low-income as well as higher income population as it provides a qualitative health monitoring system. 90% of Pesinet's subscribers report having unstable earnings.
* A longitudinal control-group survey carried out in 2010-2011 on 88 subscribers and 88 non-subscribers over 4 months showed that PESINET subscribers seek care twice as often as non-subscribers. Pesinet's healthcare facility use rate is 3 when the use rate for children under 5 in the city is 1.05 on average per year. The difference in resort to care is even higher for low-income populations. The observed gap in the rate of recourse to care in case of illness between subscribers and non-subscribers is even more significant when observing less privileged socio‐economic groups.
* Even if subscribers consult the doctors twice as often as non‐subscribers, it must be noted that only 36% of subscribers seek consultation in the case of illness. This number remains much too weak compared with PESINET’s objectives and gives an indication of the level of health behavior change that the service must respond to.
* Degree of satisfaction by facet of service:
Service | % satisfaction
------------ | -----------------
Home-based visits | 97.2%
Speed of detection | 85.4%
Health center reception and quality of consultation | 79.2%
Savings on health spending | 67.7%
Availability of medication | 63.5%
Nutrition advice | 47.9%
Contact Us to add or edit your results.