Country of Operation
- Primary care
SummaryDoctHERS is a novel healthcare marketplace that leverages technology to connect female physicians to patients in real time. The organization circumvents socio-cultural barriers for females with medical training who are restricted to their homes. The organization aims to improve access to quality hea
Connect home-restricted female health professionals to marginalized communities who lack access to quality, affordable healthcare.
Train and capacitate community-based female health workers on how to provide access to doctHERS for communities in urban slums and remote rural areas.
Key program components
- DoctHERS access urban /rural patients through mobile and internet-enabled technologies/video-conferencing
- Trained, trusted community Nurses/ Health Workers/Midwives assist DoctHERS in assessing patients at ‘point-of-care’ using diagnostic tools which creates a new ‘healthcare value chain’
- DoctHERs work across the healthcare sector by operating 24/7 tele-healthlines, conducting medical/claims reviews, contracting services to health plans (PPOs, health insurance companies), promoting health/wellness coaching and trainings online IVR-enabled health modules or SMS-enabled localized health messaging
- DIH leverages mobile banking technology to provide a cashless, digital payment solution to collect all user fees
- DIH includes thousands of qualified female doctors in the Pakistani Diaspora in the system for easy replication in all countries in the MENA region in order to transform the way healthcare is delivered and accessed in MENA while promoting gender inclusion in the workforce for both female doctors and community health workers
- Utilizes fee-for-service revenue model as part of its sustainability plan