Country of Operation
Target income level
- Middle-income (40-60%)
- Higher middle-income (60-80%)
- High-income (80-100%)
- Emergency care
- Noncommunicable disease(s)
- Primary care
SummaryHealthspring is a network of seven owned primary health centres and over 50 affiliated emergency care providers in Mumbai. It provides care to middle and upper middle class urban families, thus reducing the need for complicated and expensive tertiary care.
Health spring aims to be the most trusted healthcare provider for its members through excellent quality of care, high customer satisfaction and transparent, ethical practices. The model aspires to: - Empower people to access the cost-effective care at their door step. - Enable Physicians by giving the access to international standards and comprehensive training. - Enhance wellness by giving appropriate, timely, high quality medical attention with a focus on preventive healthcare
Key program components
Healthspring works to revive family medicine through:
- Good primary care: Healthspring reports that it treats 90-95% of the patients at the level of primary care without the need of referring to a specialist.
- Emergency services: These services are provided through a toll free number. The doctor familiar with the patients history attends to the patient and then arranges for an ambulance if required.
- Parents plus plan: A plan for care of elderly patients with clinic visits, scheduled nurse visits at home and facilitate emergency hospitalization.
- Pay for Performance: Doctor's remuneration not tied to volume but the customer feedback and systematic audits for compliance with standards.
- Evidence Based System: Follow the evidence based system of treatment where they do not miss out potential life-threatening conditions but also, avoid the unnecessary tests, referrals and inappropriate hospitalization.
- One Stop Shop Clinic: Everything that the patient requires is available at one clinic. The clinics have pharmacies and diagnostics.
- Efficient Management of Chronic Diseases: Diseases are managed with reminders for tests, doses of medication to be taken and alerts for the next appointment.