Masunurin Value Packs (MVP)
Country of Operation
Target income level
- Bottom 20%
- Lower-middle income (20-40%)
- Middle-income (40-60%)
Summary“Masunurin” means obedient or compliant in Filipino. The program is intended to increase adherence to drug regimens by countering poor Filipinos’ tendency to purchase drugs one at a time (“tingi”) and cease taking the medicines once they feel better.
Key program components
Pharex’s Masunurin Value Packs (MVP) provide essential medicines in pre-packaged form and offer a customer discount to enhance drug compliance on the basis of doctor’s prescription.
MVPs offer popular antibiotics in resealable foil packaging. Each package includes a minimum full dose. Compliance packs include:
- amoxicillin 500 mg., 15 capsules, for Php75 (approximately USD 1.75), a 31 percent savings compared to individual capsule purchases);
- cephalexin 500 mg, 15 capsules, Php 150 (USD 3.55), a 47 percent savings;
- ciprofloxacin 500 mg., 10 tablets, Php150 (USD 3.55), a 25 percent savings; and
- cloxacillin 500 mg, 20 capsules, Php 170 (approximately USD 4), a 52 percent savings