Country of Operation
- Integrated Healthcare Solutions LTDFor-profit
Target income level
- Bottom 20%
- Lower-middle income (20-40%)
- Middle-income (40-60%)
- Higher middle-income (60-80%)
- High-income (80-100%)
SummaryMediKredit is an independent technology company that offers financial and clinical risk management solutions to both funders and providers of healthcare, through online real-time (OLRT) management of healthcare transactions.
The philosophy behind MediKredit is to create value for existing investors, staff and business partners by being the processing solutions leader for Health Care Plans (“HCP’s”). MediKredit has been funded by its shareholders with the aim of developing and commercialising a world class suite of software applications and processing services enabling on-line real-time (“OLRT”) claims adjudication and processing of medical claims for HCP’s.
Key program components
MediKredit's adaptable healthcare claims processing and managed care services are designed to accommodate the complex benefit design as well as other processing requirements of our clients, and specializes in providing underserved public health facilities and clinics with health information systems. MediKredit is rapidly expanding into other countries in Africa.
MediKredit’s healthcare claims processing functionality extends to all healthcare claim types, including pharmacy, doctor, public and private hospital claims. This is enabled by MediKredit’s innovative proprietary claims processing and managed care systems which lie at its core.
MediKredit has five core beliefs, all of which help the program serve the community at the best of its abilities:
- Guaranteed system availability and detailed response means that members understand their financial and clinical risk situation at Point of Service.
Flexible IT Systems
- The highly flexible rules-based system at MediKredit ensures that Medical Scheme product design and creativity is never inhibited by system constraints.
- All MediKredit products result in accurate, timeous, patient-centric, information for impact assessment and decision-making. We also make sure it's always accessible and logical to every level of user. MediKredit is uniquely positioned to provide our clients with representative benchmarks to assess their performance against the industry.
- MediKredit is an independent player in Healthcare, not owned by either Funder or Providers of healthcare and is thus an independent 3rd party data supplier. MediKredit's business processes are also carefully governed and audited against ISO 9001:2008 standards.
Proactive Healthcare Solutions
- MediKredit's strategic planning and industry involvement ensure its clients are always ready for industry challenges and changes.