NationWide Primary Healthcare Services Pvt. Ltd
Country of Operation
Target income level
- Lower-middle income (20-40%)
- Middle-income (40-60%)
- Higher middle-income (60-80%)
- High-income (80-100%)
SummaryNationWide is a chain of primary care clinics based on the family doctor model. The program is subscription-based in that patients have the option to become subscribers of the services to receive a personal physician and access to electronic patient records.
NationWide aims to:
- Organize primary healthcare provision in India through a chain of clinics/centres
- Improve various healthcare parameters in the set of population that NationWide serves currently and in the future, including chronic management indices such as HbA1c in diabetics, blood pressure levels in hypertensive patients, etc.
- Improve channels through which patients can access healthcare, apart from traditional doctor-visits alone (medical advice and primary care treatment over telephone)
- Make General Practice a preferred career choice for doctors so that the deficiency of qualified family practitioners in India is eliminated
Key program components
The clinics have been conceptualized as the first point of contact for all the medical needs of a family, including:
- Full time well-qualified family physicians and pediatricians
- Pleasant and highly-efficient nurses and other support staff
- 24/7 access to a doctor through their On-Call Hotline for all subscribed members
- Home visits by the doctor for the elderly & for those with mobility issues who cannot visit the clinics
- Lab tests & pharmacy services
- Specialist referral and second opinion through an extensive panel of specialists
- Proactive health management by a ‘Personal Physician’ at NationWide aimed at promoting good health, preventing illnesses and effectively managing chronic conditions
- Cloud-based database for the Electronic Health Records (EHR), tele-consultation and EHR-based reminder services
NationWide services are available to both subscribers as well as walk-in patients. However, the detailed EHR is available only to subscribed members, and is updated by their personal physicians.
Primary care in India is usually provided by stand-alone general practitioners who typically are available only during regular office hours. NationWide’s on-call facility provides access for patients to their family doctor 24 x 7. We are able to do this because of on an efficient on-call rota system followed by the doctors across all our clinics, powered by an in-house developed electronic medical records (EMR) platform that makes transfer and access of medical data instantaneous and seamless.
In August 2013, NationWide had 20 outlets (8 hub clinics, plus 12 captive outlets in gated communities and outlets).