Country of Operation
Target income level
- Bottom 20%
- Lower-middle income (20-40%)
- Middle-income (40-60%)
- Higher middle-income (60-80%)
- Maternal, newborn and child health
SummaryOMOMI (meaning 'my child') is a mobile platform consisting of a mobile app and an SMS service that enables mothers and expectant mothers monitor their children's health, as well as provide access to relevant maternal and child health information plus medical expertise, all at the touch of a button
OMOMI (meaning ‘my child’) is a mobile health tool that enables mothers and expectant mothers do three basic things:
- Monitor their health and that of their children from pregnancy, through child birth till their children turn 5 years of age.
- Provide access to timely, relevant and personalised maternal and child health information.
- Provide access to medical expertise in real-time.
Key program components
The mobile platform offers the following services: Immunization Tracking, Growth Monitoring, Oral Rehydration Therapy, Breast Feeding, Female Education, Family Planning, Mother's Community. Other features of the application include: SMS Alerts, Calendar synchronization and alerts, Automatic Vaccine Tracker, Medical Suggestions and Solutions, and a Chat feature to access the "Mothers' Community."
The Omomi application has nearly 2,000 downloads. Omomi is available for free for android-based mobile devices, and can be downloaded in the Google play store.
By: Rachel Neill and Cynthia Charchi