This program’s clinics are based on the concept of family physicians - first point contact for all health needs of the family, setting in place an effective scalable health business that delivers high quality, low cost primary health care to the people. Pathfinder works with partners and training institutions to establish a workforce of general practitioners, nurses and healthcare assistants in establishing the health workforce of India.
The Family Medical Health Centres (HUB) will serve a patient population of 10,000 to 20,000 each and are designed to support 5 to 10 Docs in Boxes (DIBs) per healthcare centre. The 10 DIBs will, in turn, effectively serve a much larger patient population of approximately 80,000 to 120,000. The DIBs run out into the poorer communities and the HUBs serve the existing community where they are strategically placed both as economic engines and as a crucial community service.
Aspiring urban communities will 'pay as you go'. A family membership scheme is being developed with local people, local government, and insurance companies to ensure affordability, continuity of care, and prevention for an entire family.
- Family doctor services- a holistic person centered service
- Nursing services
- Low cost pharmacy
- Child and maternal health
- 24 hour available medical advice
- Clinical decision making support systems offering standardized care
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) - allowing for population health management to understand local health needs and demographics
- Two follow up appointments for same the condition (time bound) included in price