ThuocNET: Viet Nam e-Health Network
Country of Operation
- Thuoc Net Joint Stock Company (Thuoc Net JSC.)For-profit
SummaryThe Vietnam e-Health website provides comprehensive medical information and tools to doctors and health staff in the country through an online working platform.
The website aims to:
- Provide information on drugs, pharmaceutical products and health in general to the medical community
- Provide online supporting technical tools for doctors, pharmacists, pharmaceutical representatives, pharmaceutical companies and "electronic medical profile" for registered members of the website
- Provide management software for clinics, hospitals, pharmacy chain
- Provide other services oriented to the development of electronics trading, online health check and diagnosis.
Key program components
For hospitals and clinics, the software allows information connection between reception room, doctors and functional rooms (such as, lab, medical imaging, cashier) to create an electronic hospital. The website helps to provide thorough assistance in booking for health check-ups and treatment for patients as well as electronic payment. Through the website, patients’ records are saved to help doctors track patient records and prescriptions. This helps doctors in sharing information with each other, as well as with patients and pharmacies.
The website also provides information, counseling and primary healthcare knowledge for users.
To register and create an electronic personal medical profile, individual needs to send an SMS of USD 0.8 fee for a one year subscription.
Up to now, over 1,000 pharmacies have created "electronic pharmacies" with more than 200 routinely updating their stocks and prices, and over 3,000 doctors from all over the country registering to be users of the website.