Viva Sehat (formerly Razi Clinics)
Country of Operation
- Viva Healthcare (formerly Razi Healthcare) Pvt. LtdFor-profit
Target income level
- Lower-middle income (20-40%)
- Middle-income (40-60%)
SummaryRazi clinics were low-cost patient-centered primary care clinics and provide doctor consultation, diagnostics and drugs. The services rendered were of high quality with standardized treatment protocols.
In India, people generally visit independent doctor clinics for their basic health needs. These services are currently fragmented and not uniform in quality. Razi clinics addressed this gap by creating a chain of clinics with standard treatment protocols.
Key program components
The key program components are the following:
* Affordable care: The clinics charge INR 75 per consultation (1.5 USD approx) and generic drugs wherever possible.
* Standardized treatment: To ensure that all its patients receive the same standard of medical services, Razi has opted for iON – a branded on-demand cloud computing offering from Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) – to digitise patient-care profiles that helps in easy access and more accurate treatment.
* Staff: Each clinic has a graduate doctor, nurse and a pharmacist.
* Comprehensive care: The clinics act as "one-stop" primary care unit comprising of consultation, diagnostic, pharmacy and minor treatment room. * Training: Doctors, nurses and pharmacist are trained in-house to ensure adherence to protocols.
* Aesthetics: The clinics are pleasant, clean, hygienic and have comfortable waiting areas for patients.
* Appropriate referrals: When required, appropriate referrals are made to higher levels of care.
Viva Sehat, formerly Razi Clinics, appears to no longer be active due to a lack of clarity regarding foreign direct investment in India