Country of Operation
Target income level
- Bottom 20%
- Lower-middle income (20-40%)
- Middle-income (40-60%)
- Higher middle-income (60-80%)
- High-income (80-100%)
- Family planning and reproductive health
- Other/not applicable
SummaryYoung 1ove's mission is to dramatically sale-up sexual health education by doing what already works, but on a large scale; in fact the goal is to reach 1 million young adults in Southern African countries by 2017. Young 1ove also believes that sex education should be taught for youth, by youth.
The goals of this program are stright-forward:
The first is to scale-up sexual and reproductive education for youth through mass media campagins, classroom integration, and grassroots efforts.
Another goal of the organization include "Sugar Daddy" education to girls and young women through "top-down" USB/computer eduational efforts.
The overall goals of the organization are to reduce the prevalence of teenage pregnancy and HIV rates throughout Botswana.
Key program components
Young 1ove appraoches their goals through:
- Consumer/student education through integration in school curriculum. The Young 1ove team provides straight-forward, "top-down" materials for teachers to use in classrooms
- Young 1ove seeks to improve operational processes through a "For Youth, by Youth" approach, instead of older people teaching the younger
- You 1ove specifically has a "Sugar Daddy" campaign in which young women are educated about the risks or marrying or having sex with a much older man
- Young 1ove seeks to improve their process continually through monitoring and impact evaluation