The CHMI Learning Exchange is designed to enable the scale up, replication or improvement of programs profiled in the CHMI database, by allowing programs to engage in a strategic learning activity with a pre-defined partner. Successful applicants are awarded a small grant to their organization to engage in peer-learning across geographies, learning from new models and experiences and exploring potential partnerships. CHMI is working with ACCESS Health on this initiative.
In November 2014, CHMI awarded its first round of learning exchange grants to five winning applications. Representing twelve organizations and eight countries, these new partnerships will allow program managers to improve and scale-up their models; current grantee activities range from replicating drug supply models, improving management and operational processes, building financial sustainability, and adapting new monitoring systems to ensure client safety.
Please join us in congratulating the winners of the second CHMI Learning Exchange call for applications!
- Access Afya (Kenya) and Care2Communities (Kenya): Developing marketing pilots to successfully reach bottom of the pyramid patients with primary health care services.
- iKure Techsoft (India) and Amader Hospital (India): Leveraging technology and on the ground knowledge, allowing iKure to expand community based MNHC services and Amader Hospital to increase operational efficiency.
- Last Mile Health (Liberia) and Possible Health (Nepal): Redesigning referral services and strengthening community health worker programs in rural settings.
- Life Circle Senior Services (India) and Groupe SOS (France): Strengthening a model for comprehensive elderly care services through the sharing of best practices.
- Microclinic Technologies (Kenya), GlaxoSmithKline (South Africa), and Spartan (South Africa): Improving business and health outcomes through the implementation of a sustainable sales and business development program for youth sales agents.
Curious on how our round one awardees are doing? Stay tuned to the CHMI blog to receive trip updates and lessons learned from the first round of learning exchanges. For questions regarding the CHMI Learning Exchange, please contact Cynthia Charchi at firstname.lastname@example.org