The CHMI Learning Exchange is designed to enable the scale up, replication or improvement of programs profiled in the CHMI database, by allowing programs to engage in a strategic learning activity with a pre-defined partner. Successful applicants are awarded a small grant to their organization to engage in a peer-learning trip across geographies, learning from new models and experiences and exploring potential partnerships. CHMI is working in collaboration with ACCESS Health in India on this initiative, and launched its first call for applications in the Fall 2014.
Please join us in congratulating the winners of the first CHMI Learning Exchange call for applications!
- Afghanistan Community Research and Empowerment Organization for Development (ACREOD) and Operation Asha (India): Implementing Operation Asha’s successful early detection, diagnosis and treatment management model for TB care in Afghanistan, which has one of the highest TB burdens in the world.
- Kano State Primary Healthcare Development Board, Borno, Bauchi and Yobe Primary Healthcare Development Board (Nigeria): Replicating successful vaccine supply models across Northern Nigeria.
- Lifenet (Burundi) and Health Builders (Rwanda): Understand the utility of health management evaluation techniques, allowing programs to make recommendations that improve operations in health facilities in the region.
- Organic Health response (OHR) and Kenya Community Media Network (KCOMNET) (Kenya): Promoting financial sustainability of a community-operated radio station by building local capacity and ownership, allowing the radio station to continue disseminating urgent health information to underserved communities.
- Salauno (Mexico) and Aravind Eye Care(India): Learning how to expand eye care services by implementing a new marketing plan, adapting Aravind’s quality and patient safety monitoring systems, and refining Salauno’s current business model.
Would you like to participate in a learning trip? Stay tuned to the CHMI Blog—the Learning Exchange will launch a second call for applications in late February 2015. For more information, please contact Cynthia Charchi at email@example.com
Photo: © LifeNet International