Only one week remains to apply for the annual GlaxoSmithKline and Save the Children award US $1Million for innovative solutions to improve under-5 child mortality! GSK and Save the Children are working in partnership to fight child mortality and improve newborn survival in developing countries. Innovating organizations are encouraged to apply for up to US $400,000 in funding. The challenge defines innovation as "a match between a new solution and an unmet need that involves the creation and implementation of new processes, products, systems, services and/or methods of delivery."
Who is Eligible?
- Organizations can come from the non-profit, private, or public sector
- Innovations should be focused on increasing newborn and child survival and health
Deadlines and Procedures
- Submissions to this Challenge must be received by 11:59 PM (23:59) GMT on September 7, 2015.
- Late submissions will not be considered.
- Nominations can come from organizations themselves, or through third party organizations through a brief questionnaire found in the award guidelines.
- Award winners selected by GSK and Save the Children will be publically announced and their innovative practices promoted within 3 months of the end of the nomination period.
More information can be found at Innocentive.
Photo: Tigray Region © UNICEF Ethiopia/2006/Getachew