The TATA Social Enterprise Challenge (TSEC) was launched on 7th August 2015. This Challenge is a joint initiative by the TATA group and the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIM Calcutta). The Challenge endeavours to find India’s most promising early stage social enterprises, and create an ecosystem for social entrepreneurship – encouraging sustainable, scalable and measurable social Impact.
The Business plan contest (B-Plan Contest) invites social entrepreneurs who have an early stage venture (not older than three years) or a promising idea with a plan that could create sustainable social impact in India. In addition, the enterprise is required to demonstrate significant social impact through results or proof of concept.
Who is eligible to apply:
- The team can be represented in the competition by a maximum of two members
- There is no restriction on the age or background for applicants
- If the submission is an idea, a proof of concept (E.g. prototype) is required.
- If the submission is a venture, the venture must not have been in existence for more than three years
- The entries received will be recognized by the “name” of the venture/idea
- The applicants may or may not be Indian Nationals, however, the social venture should be aimed at creating social impact in India.
Deadline: October 7th
More information on eligibility and application rules can be found on the TSEC website