Country of Operation
Target income level
- Bottom 20%
- Lower-middle income (20-40%)
- Middle-income (40-60%)
- Pharmacy services
- Primary care
- Secondary/tertiary care
SummaryChama-Rx is a pooled-purchase subscription program to increase access to safe and affordable drugs at private service delivery points (SDP) in underserved parts of Kenya. Subscribers get access to ZiDi™, a cloud-based application that enables us to forecast demand and offer just-in-time deliveries.
Grow program in 2014 to include 1000 private subscribers.
Key program components
The Key components include:
1) Prepaid monthly subscription to ZiDi, to cover the cost of servicing and maintaining the application.
2) Prepaid monthly Chama-Rx fees, to cover the cost of processing, shipping and handling orders
3) Access to a prefered list of drugs and supplies needed by the Service delivery point at wholesale price plus a suggested margin.
4) A courier service partner who transports the drugs from our warehouse to a central collection point.
5) Blue Angels - these are youth employed by us to collect packages for the subcriber and transport to the service delivery point
6) a pool of pharmaceutical partners offering drugs that are high volume and high margin.
7) A microfinance partner institution willing to finance the upfront investment in the Chama-Rx program. The SDP will get funds to invest in a tablet(s), internet connectivity and their first batch of drugs.
8) Subsriber sessions (called Chama-sessions) organized by the Blue Angelts for the members within a catchment area .
9) A short delivery cycle where items are delivered every 1-2 weeks.
10) A marketing model focused on creating an aura of exclusivity, wherewith, new members must be invited to join the program.
- MicroClinic Technologies LtdFor-profit