Country of Operation
Target income level
- Bottom 20%
- Lower-middle income (20-40%)
- Middle-income (40-60%)
- Higher middle-income (60-80%)
- High-income (80-100%)
- Primary care
- Secondary/tertiary care
SummaryDr. Recomenda is a mobile application that allows a patient to create a health profile that can be shared with a doctor. For instance, cholesterol, blood pressure, and diet indicators can be tracked with the mobile application.
The goals of Dr. Recomenda are as follows:
- Provide a mobile app for patients to create a health profile to share with doctors
- Scale-up the number of patients a doctor can see, as the app increases efficiency
- Provide educational resources for patients about health conditions
Key program components
The key components of Dr. Recomenda are to:
- Provide and scale-up Dr. Recomenda app to provide a platform for patients to create a health profile
- Offer services to record vitals, child health recommednations, maternal health education, diet and recipe recommendations
- Allows doctors to give personal recommendations virtually
Goal of technology use:
To improve a health provider's ability to diagnose and treat patients, either through improved training or real-time assistance with clinical decision making
To improve communications between health providers and patients outside of traditional doctor visits
To improve patients access to information and encourage health seeking behaviors; health education
Primary source of funding:
Revenue Sources: Membership/subscription fees
No, the program is its own organization.
ClickMedix is a mobile social enterprise used throughout the world to connect patients and physicians quickly. ClickMedix aims to reduce wait time, enable access to affordable healthcare, and to facilitate health organizations for remote diagnoses.
ArogyaUDHC (User Driven Health Care) is an internet-based platform that servesserves to address the low doctor to patient ratio, specifically specialists, in rural India. The platform accommodates multiple stakeholders, learning and care giving collaborations.
Living goods is an “Avon-like” network of franchised community health promoters who provide health education and earn a living selling essential health products door-to-door at prices affordable to the poor.
MeraDoctor lets people chat directly with a trained, licensed doctor through an Android app (like WhatsApp with a doctor). We are the #3 ranked medical app in India. Our patient base is growing 10% per week. Doctors are now joining the platform to earn extra money and build their reputation.