Electronic Dispensing Tool by MSH
Country of Operation
Target income level
- Bottom 20%
- Lower-middle income (20-40%)
- Pharmacy services
SummaryThe Electronic Dispensing Tool ensures that the correct medicines and amounts are dispensed to patients. The tool can also carefully monitor patient's adherence to medicines, response, and side effects. Furthermore, the tool helps maintain basic patient profile information, medicine history, and ot
Key program components
The Electronic Dispensing tool is an electronic pharmacy tool that enables health workers at the facility level tomanage their patients by planning appointments, scheduling follow up visits, monitoring stock levels and quantifying ARVs needed. This tool was created to strengthen ART management.
By streamlining these processes phrmacists can spend less time on stock management and spend more time wuth patients.
- Maintains a list of patient visits and products dispensed to patients.
- Tracks pharmaceuticals "batch/lot" and expiry date tracking for the medicines and supplies that are dispensed.
- Generates a report on patient adherence
- Not-web based and can operate offline