Country of Operation
Target income level
- Bottom 20%
- Lower-middle income (20-40%)
- Middle-income (40-60%)
- Malaria and other vector borne diseases
- Maternal, newborn and child health
SummaryMedic Mobile is a free, scalable software toolkit that combines messaging, data collection, and analytics. It's designed specifically for health workers and health systems in hard-to-reach areas and supports any language. It works with or without internet connectivity, locally or in the cloud.
Medic Mobile hopes to accomplish the following:
12 million people covered
22,000 community health workers supported
13,500 patients using our tools
73 partners in 24 countries
Five additional studies completed
$2.1 million raised
- Rolling out our first do-it-yourself toolkit for use by nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) working in the area of antenatal care
Key program components
When health workers submit data using text messages or our SIM application, our web app schedules automated reminder messages, generates unique IDs, and confirms data submission. All the information submitted by mobile users can be viewed, filtered, verified, and exported using the reports tab in our web app.
Medic Mobile offers two products:
- Simple SMS: Text messages enable real-time communication between community health workers (CHWs) and their supervisors, strengthening the connection between last-mile communities and health facilities. As an example, when health workers text P 3 Jane ("P" for pregnancy, "3" for number of weeks pregnant, name), Medic Mobile registers the pregnancy, creates a patient ID, calculates the expected delivery date, and schedules automated reminder messages.
- SIMS Applications: For users with more complex reporting needs, SIM apps can load a menu with custom forms onto any phone with a normal SIM card. Using a paper-thin wafer that sits underneath any ordinary SIM, health workers can submit information using a menu with drop-down lists, instant data validation, and skip logic.