Country of Operation
Target income level
- Bottom 20%
- Lower-middle income (20-40%)
- Primary care
- Secondary/tertiary care
SummaryNewDigm is a social enterprise committed to providing quality and affordable healthcare for populations living in rural and remote areas.
NewDigm focuses on problems faced in rural communities such as effective supply and demand of health services, democratizing healthcare, competent health workers, and quality of products and services. NewDigm follows a community and market systems based, for-profit social enterprise model.
Key program components
Paradigm Shift Approach
- Village Health Worker--increase VHW capacity to address preventable diseases in absence of doctors
- Technology--provide customized social-cultral and behavioral tools to rural populations and partner with local organizations for training and implementation resources.
- Global to Local--efficiently administer health resources for optimal use at the local level addressing primary care, then, create scalable tertiary healthcare models
NewDigm strongly emphasizes making rural communities accountable for their own well-being. NewDigm facilitates capacity building through public-private partnerships. NewDigm recognizes the potential in local HWs, nurses, mid-wives, etc. Partnerships with public institutions allows rural communities to access training and certification on basic protocols and behavioral skills. NewDigm administers periodic assessments of community workers' performance.
NewDigm also engages rural communities in private-private partnerships. Partnerships include local entreprenuers, rural medical practitioners, MFIs, labs and doctors in city, hospitals, insurance companies, and drug wholesalers. Through the creation of HOPE, NewDigm aims to improve accessibility and affordable healthcare by:
- reforming available local resources
- guidance and information to higher points of care
- Increase outreach and use of underutilized urban health resources
- quality control
- Health information, awareness, presumptive diagnosis and guidance at the doorstep.
- Commensurate to condition of patient, diagnosis and treatment at varying accessibility points.
- Cheaper and holistic healthcare vis-a-vis private practices.
- Regular monitoring and follow-up thanks to larger outreach.
Newdigm offers communities an array of products and services:
- Assessment, training, and certification program for VHWs.
- Improves skills using behavioral and mobile tools through the process of deskilling.
- Mobile based decision-support cum filtration technology
- Deskills tasks of VHW
- Increases response to protocols
- Allows users to administer basic tests, input key symptoms, receive generated diagnosis and treatment, access electronic data of patient history, follow-up care, monitoring, and generate reminders and alerts.
- Real-time monitoring and tracking system on the server end.
- Turns data from mobile devices into valuable information.
- Sends reminders and alerts to health-workers.
- Created mainly for policy makers and implementing agencies to track progress
- Transfering health knowledge to the community that is customized to local communities.